Sunday, October 22, 2006

Back from the Twilight Zone...


Hola Amigos,

I'm back from the Twilight Zone, and am ready to resume blogging. For those of you wondering where I've been these past few months, and judging by the lack of comments, that number is very few, I've been helping to care for my sick father, who has had the bad luck to have experienced two bouts of pneumonia, a collapsed lung, various digestive problems and a minor stroke. The worst now seems to be over, but the combination of these ailments has left him weak and unable to function at a normal level with any sense of confidence. The end result, after having experimented with some home health care providers, who were competent enough, but who left Dad in a state of anxiety, is that he is now living with my sister, who has the luxury of not having to work full time, which guarantees that Dad will receive the care he needs.

Now, what have I missed that is comment-worthy? Hey, how about that criminal GOP gang? I'd like to think that the combination of corruption, arrogance and sexual predators would all but guarantee a Democratic re-capturing of the House and Senate, but as long as the GOP retains control of the Diebold voting machines, you'll forgive me if I don't hold my breath. All I can say is that the Dems should have taken note of Barney Frank's (D-Massachusetts) performance of this past Real Time with Bill Maher. He cut through the bullshit, and stated facts as they are, not how that nitwit Steve Moore pretended they were. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid should, in particular, have been watching, because Frank showed that all you need is the facts when you are right instead of mealy-mouthed apologies for pointing out the obvious, namely that this is the most criminally insane administration of all time, and I can only hope that November 7th will slow down their reign of terror.


On to baseball. The Red Sox reverted to their tried and true ways of wilting down the stretch this season, the ultimate shit sandwich being the five-game sweep they suffered at home at the hands if the Yankees in August. But, not content to merely be first runners-up again, they fell to third place in the AL East, one game in back of the Toronto Blue Jays. Well, thankfully, the Yanks were bounced from post-season play by the surging Tigers, who then swept the A's, and who now face the St. Louis Cardinals in the World Series. I'd analyze the Red Sox bit by bit, but it would take longer than I'm willing to commit to at this moment. Maybe in a future post.

Anyway, this is just to let all six of you know I'm back, and that I'll do my best to regain the heights of mediocrity to which you have become accustomed when accessing this crummy blog. That's all for now. I did finally obtain the latest Glenn Hughes and Edenbridge releases, and will be reviewing them some time this week. Until then, stay happy and stay safe.

No comments: