Monday, September 10, 2007

Daddy's Got a New PC!

It's the HP Pavilion a6130n. System characteristics: 300GB hard drive, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor with CD/DVD Read/Write, 3GB RAM (That's right!) and a 17-inch flat screen monitor (Model vp17). Oh yes, and an HP Deskjet 4180 printer/copier/scanner (which has GOT to be better than that Lexmark POS I had which would have made a decent anchor).

Want to talk about speed? The damned thing SCREAMS!!! My old rig was a Dell Dimension L550 that I bought in 2000. It ran Windows 98, had a 10GB hard drive and 128MB RAM. Thanks to a slight upgrade to 192 MB a couple of years ago, courtesy of Ken Kanniff, Connecticut's Most Wanted, and an upgrade from Dial-Up to DSL, I entered the late 20th century by the middle of the first decade of the 21st.

But I am behind the curve no more! And no, I won't tell you about the obscenely good deal I got as part of a Labor Day promotion at Circuit City. Suffice it to say that I spent about $300.00 less on this rig than I did on the Dell back in 2000.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll try to get something more going on this pitiful excuse for a blog. And Helena, thanks for your comment on my Philip Lynott post. You bring the number of commenters to seven! Please stop by again!

No comments: