Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Dems Take House of Representatives! Rumsfeld Resigns!


The Democrats handily regained the majority in the House of Representatives after yesterday's stunning mid-term election. The Senate is still up for grabs, as there is, at the time of this typing, a mere 7,000 vote difference between Democrats Jim Webb and incumbent George Allen (R - Racist Prick). Even Ken Kanniff, Connecticut's Most Wanted Gangsta, and registered Republican, gave me this prediction yesterday afternoon:

Basically I am calling for the Dems to take the senate! We will see somehow, my gut tells me we will be looking at a 50-50 senate with the Veep being rushed form his crypt to cast essential votes for the next two years.

The news is mostly good all over. Senators Rick Santorum, Conrad Burns, Mike DeWine and Jim Talent are gone. Sadly we still have to deal with that racist SOB Corker in Tennessee and that turncoat muther-effer Joe Lieberman in Connecticut, but hey, you take what gains you can get, and it appears that the Democrats have picked up 28 seats in the House without having lost a single seat.

Not only that, but Preznit Flight Suit Fantasy threw Defense Secretary Donald "You Go To War With The Army You Have, Not The Army You Want To Have" Rumsfeld under the bus, mere hours after assuring the world that Rummy's job was safe, and that he, the Preznit, had the utmost confidence in him. Apparently Cheney and Rove managed to convince him otherwise. I guess the Unholy Trinity wants to make sure that Rummy has no distractions when he is subpoenaed to testify about his part in this administration's reckless criminal activities.

My meager contribution to the chaos is this National Public Radio excerpt of Preznit Flight Suit Fantasy's drooling speech this afternoon:

In response to a question asking how he can work with Nancy Pelosi when she has called him "incompetent, a liar, the emperor with no clothes and, as recently as yesterday, dangerous":


"I've been around politics a long time. I understand when campaigns end, and I know when governing begins. And I'm going to work with people of both parties.... People say unfortunate things at times, but if you hold grudges in this line of work, you're never going to get anything done. And my intention is to get some things done. And as I said, I'm going to start visiting with her with the idea of coming together."


"I mean, look, this is a close election. Race by race, it was close. The cumulative effect, however, was not too close, it was a thumpin'. But nevertheless, the people expect us to work together. That's what they expect. And as I said in my opening comments, there comes responsibility with victory, and that's what Nancy Pelosi told me this morning. She said in the phone call she wants to work together, and so do I. And so that's how you deal with it."

"This isn't my first rodeo. In other words, this is not the first time I've been in a campaign where people have expressed themselves and in different kinds of ways. But I have learned that if you focus on the big picture, which in this case is our nation and issues we need to work together on, you can get stuff done."

As Emma Leroy of the Canadian sitcom Corner Gas might say: That guy is as sharp as a sock full of soup."

Full Story Link


But poor George had hardly finished wiping the egg off of his Chevy Chase when someone else asked him a generic question about the message voters sent the GOP. Sorry, this part isn't in the transcript, so I'm going from memory here. The Clueless One's answer went something like this:

"Well, it's hard when people have to write in a candidate's name. I had to be the Secretary of State in Houston where voters had to be given pencils and paper and told who the candidates were. That's a tough thing for us to overcome..."

Yes, it certainly is. Especially when the reason there had to be a write-in candidate for that particular seat was because the incumbent, Tom DeLay (R - Arrogant Shithead), had to resign his seat in disgrace due to his involvement with crooked lobbyist Jack Abramoff. Too bad the reporter didn't use that as a follow-up. Liberal press my arse. Anyway, enjoy that shit sandwich Mr. Preznit. You've earned it!

No comments: