Monday, November 13, 2006

Lieberman to Stab Dems in the Face?


Ugly Kid Joe Lieberman is leaving the door open to make an official defection to the side of the enemy. Preznit Bush is eagerly applying fresh lip gloss for inevitable. Atrocities from the latest Tim Russert Fluff-Fest courtesy of the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star-Tribune:

"I'm going to caucus with the Democrats both because it's good for my constituents in Connecticut, because I retained my seniority, I become a committee chair, but also I want to continue to work to bring the party back to its historic traditions of strength on national security, foreign policy and innovation and progress in domestic policy,'' Lieberman said Sunday.

He said that because voters (Republicans) returned him to Capitol Hill as an independent, "I am now an Independent Democrat, capital I, capital D. Matter of fact, the secretary of the Senate called my office and asked, `How do you want to be identified,' and, and that's it. Independent Democrat,'' the senator said on "Meet the Press'' on NBC.

Joe, I've got an initial for you, you Whore, with a capital W.

With many Senate Democrats having campaigned or raised money for Lamont, as the party's nominee, Lieberman acknowledged it might be "a little awkward'' for him back in Washington.

"They played by the traditional partisan political playbook. And I can't say I enjoyed it, but we're all grown-ups, we've got a job to do, and I'm going to do my best to get that job done,'' Lieberman said.

Grownups? You mean the grown up way you acted when you took your ball and went home to become an "Independent" after Ned Lamont beat you in the August primary?

Democrats will hold a 51-49 edge in the Senate, so Lieberman, the Democratic nominee for vice president in 2000, could find himself courted by Republicans.

He was asked about a scenario in which he might become uncomfortable as Democrats sought to enforce party discipline and then the GOP offered to keep him as a committee chairman and respect his seniority if he switched.
"I'm not ruling it out, but I hope I don't get to that point. And, and I must say, and with all respect to the Republicans who supported me in Connecticut, nobody ever said, `We're doing this because we, we want you to switch over,''' he said.


Unbelievable...or maybe not...

Ken Kanniff, Connecticut's Most Wanted Gangsta, and I have had many discussions about this ass-clown. Ken posited that my hatred of the man was misplaced because his seniority was a key element in helping Democrats. My answer was in the form of a question: Help Democrats do what? Behave more like neo-con Republicans?

This election showed what an arrogant, out-of-touch asshole Lieberman is. He didn't get the message when Ned Lamont pasted his crusty arse in the August primary, so he ran off and pretended to be an "Independent". And thanks to the GOP leaving their candidate, Alan Schlesinger, hanging in the wind, Lamont went down in favor of "Joementum".

Now this piece of shit is going to endanger the 51-49 Democratic majority. If he switches to the Republicans, it'll be 50-50, and Ken's prediction of Cheney being wheeled from his crypt to cast critical tie-breaking votes will come true. They don't call the man Bush's favorite Democrat for nothing.

Full Story Link

No comments: